Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog 1: In Class Activity

The first thing I noticed about the film that we watched in class was how the sound of the music was synced with the images of colors and shapes. With each note, the image changed or evolved into something else. This technique is effective because it made me feel almost entranced by the chaos of colors and shapes paired with the melody. The technique seems like it would be difficult to pull off. Having to manipulate each frame seems tedious to begin with, but having to sync those images with a musical score sounds like it would take months to finish.

Something these images reminded me of was when I examined cells of different organisms under a microscope in Biology class. Often the things we looked at through the lens were just as vibrant and colorful as the images in the film. It always fascinated me that there was that much beauty in the world not visible to the naked eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment