Friday, February 12, 2016

Crowdsourcing Blog

Crowdsourcing has always been an intimidating realm of filmmaking for me. Having a wide variety of talented and passionate artists contributing and working towards the same goal sounds amazing. A show like HitRecord is a great example of this best case scenario in action. However, I can’t help but see the possible pitfalls. In my opinion, I feel that a lot of people just are not talented enough, and seeing as how my name does not end with Gordon-Levitt, I can’t imagine that my ideas are going to attract the level of talent that he does. I may have a great idea, but without the backup of a big name, I am just one of possibly thousands of other nameless filmmakers competing for the same contributors.

And what if I do not like any of the submissions that are sent to me? Do I betray my vision and use the contributions anyway or do I just scrap the project all together? I can’t do it all myself. If I could, I would not be crowdsourcing the film to begin with.


With all that said, I am looking forward to the crowdsourcing project in class. For one, I am curious to see the class’s various interpretations of the film that my team and I shot. Two, I would like my reservations towards crowdsourcing to be proven wrong. Hopefully, I will come to realize that it does not take the most talented people in the world to make an interesting and compelling product if a clear vision is shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment