Friday, April 8, 2016

My Rough Theater

My rough theater stems to when I was a child playing toys with my brother, Brad. Brad and I would always develop storylines and even write scripts that we would perform with our toys in front of a cheap camera. We would also record sound effects like explosions from action movies on TV with our tape recorder and queue our younger sister to play them during an action scene in our films. We would then watch the films that we made and even show our parents, who I'm sure only pretended to be amused by them.

I think the films that I have had to make in the film major also could constitute my rough theater. Every assignment that I have made was accomplished on virtually no budget, which required much more creativity than if I did have funding. The best instance that I can think of was when we filmed the Stop Motion project earlier this semester. On no budget, my team and I worked together and were able to create an interesting 1950's science fiction parody with just a pair of Star Wars toys and two containers of Play-Doh. It is an assignment that I will always remember because it brought me back to my youth playing toys with my brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment