Monday, April 11, 2016

Saturday's Shoot

I really enjoyed the Bolex film assignment that we shot on Saturday. Along with the great weather, the thing I liked most was the fact that we only had one take to get it right. This challenge forced my team and I to plan our shot out more meticulously than if we'd had several takes to get it right and in my opinion, made the film more personal. I also enjoyed having the opportunity to watch and help out the other teams film their projects as well. Doing this allowed me to get to know some students in the class that I had not previously worked with or even talked to for that matter.

I am disappointed, though, that the shot did not come out as I would have wanted it. The fake blood was not visible on the negative of the film, which worries me that it won't show up when I invert the footage. Without being able to see the blood, the whole concept of the film is not clear. The scene goes from a dinner party gone wrong to what looks like the aftermath of a great night. The other thing I realized after screening the footage was that I should have used a wider lens to capture more of the scene.

Overall, I enjoyed the film assignment and look forward to seeing the finish product at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment